I am a registered dietitian based in Blue Bell and Conshohocken with 13years experience. In my years of practice I have helped countless people reach their personal health goals. I believe in focusing on small (and realistic) changes for big (and lasting) results. No two clients are the same and therefore I personalize each session. I enjoy food and cooking very much and I love helping clients learn to eat healthier and feed their bodies properly.
Nutrition Counseling can help with many things including but not limited to:
- Weight management
- Improving energy levels
- High cholesterol
- Diabetes prevention or treatment
- Digestive issues or gastrointestinal disorders
- Healthy eating for you and/or your family
- Improving athletic performance
- New meal or snack ideas
- Grocery store shopping and label reading
Many health insurances cover nutrition counseling at 100%! I am provider with Independence Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Aetna, Highmark, and BC/BS. Most Independence Blue Cross/Blue Shield Plans cover 6 free visits per calendar year for each person on the plan.
- Initial Assessments ($130/hour)
- A detailed history/assessment will be conducted to reveal your health, food, weight and exercise history.
- This initial visit helps me to determine what you will need to focus on and discussion in future visits. It will help me to understand what your challenges are and how you will best learn to overcome them.
- Follow-Up Visits ($115/hour and can be broken up into 2, 30min sessions)
- A check-in to see what’s working and what’s not
- A chance to address any needs or issues and to answer any questions
- How many follow-ups a client varies per client depending on what they are coming for and how they are progressing
- Other (contact for pricing)
- Grocery store tours
- Group classes
- Talks to large groups
More about me:
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition from Penn State University
- Dietetic Internship completed at New York University
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Member of the following Dietetic Practice Groups: Women’s Health, Medical Nutrition, Weight Management and Sports, Cardiovascular and wellness Nutrition
- Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management from the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor
Functional Movement Systems is a company with a mission to help people move better and then move often. The philosophy was introduced in 1995, at a time when there was no systematic tool to identify movement asymmetries or major limitations in functional movement patterns. The system promotes collaboration between performance and rehabilitation professionals through the use of tools such as the Functional Movement Screen™. This tool evaluates movement if pain is not present. FTT is proud to partner with FMS and utilize it for our clients benefit. Click here for more FMS info.
The National Strength and Conditioning Association was founded in 1978 with 76 strength coaches from across the country with the common desire to network, collaborate and unify the profession of strength and conditioning. Since its inception, the NSCA has grown to nearly 30,000 members in 72 countries and become the leader in the research and education of strength and conditioning professionals. FTT is a dedicated member of NSCA and adheres to its best practices.
It’s about the kids.
Incorporated in 2004, the goal at the IYCA is to unite the youth fitness and sports industry in one mission—to inspire greatness in the kids we work with and to impact millions. The IYCA is the premier international authority in athletic development and youth participant-based conditioning. They establish industry norms with respect to safe, effective, and clinically sound means of optimally developing injury-free, emotionally sound, and functionally gifted young athletes and participants. FTT is also a member of this organization and utilizes their methods and techniques for our young clients.
North Wales Running Company staff brings years of running, training and coaching experience to the table to properly aid in your running and walking needs. They take pride in fitting customers of all ages and fitness levels for the best and most functional shoes with the aim of helping you achieve your goals! They also provide help picking top of the line apparel and accessories including: GPS watches, sunglasses, heart rate monitors, pedometers, orthotics, compression gear, socks, books, energy bars and gels, running strollers, and gift certificates. They carry all of the major brands and are able to order many items which are not currently stocked. FTT is pleased to work with these professionals and refer our clients to them.